Jackson Street, Boyup Brook Tel: (08) 9765 1200 A/H: 0427 651 437 (Caretaker).
Nestled in the junction of the Blackwood River and the Boyup Brook is the Flax Mill Caravan Park. The caravan park has a secluded atmosphere but is only a 5 to 10 minute stroll to the town centre. The caravan park is located at the Old Flax Mill site which is a significant part of Boyup Brook’s history, as the Mill was in operation from World War II to 1965. The mill was important to the war effort and employed many local men and women. You can view the scale model of the mill in full production and a scale model of ’skeleton’ bridge-the railway bridge over the Blackwood River in the caravan park office.
The complex offers in picturesque surroundings;
- En suite sites and powered sites
- Spacious camping grounds
- Fully Under Cover / sealed area ~ 18 powered sites able to accommodate large vans, campervans or motor-homes
- A basic cottage (microwave available but no stove or cooking facilities), bedding for up to 8. (BYO food and linen)
- Function Room/Dance Hall (up stairs)
- Kitchen/dining-room-seats <60
- Under cover storage
- Canoes for hire
- RV friendly Town ~ Free Sewage Dump point.
The Caravan Park is adjacent to the:
* Bi-centennial Walk Trail (6 Km) around the perimeter of the Town, through bush reserves (wild flowers in season) & along the River.
* Bridle Trail to Skeleton Bridge (4Km return).
* Music Park and Sound Shell with outdoor adult exercise equipment.
* Swimming pool and Recreation grounds (the designated official dog exercise area) are only 5 minutes walk away.