Building Approvals

A building permit is required for any building work involving the development of new structures, alterations or extensions and changes in ground levels including garages, patios, sheds, residential dwellings, granny flats and extensions etc. Similarly a demolition permit is required before any demolition works can commence. If the total value of work exceeds $20,000 a permit can only be issued to a registered builder or registered owner builder. Please read through the owner builder application for more information.

Information packs outlining requirements are available from the administration office and in the document centre. For all up to date building forms and permit applications visit

Prior to submitting a building application you may also be required to seek planning approval from the Council before commencing your development. There is a comprehensive Guide to the building approvals process on the  West Australian Building Commission website. 

Another consideration is if you will require a Bush Fire report. If you put your address in the website link below you should be able to see if that will be required or not:

For more information visit -

For a list of Bushfire Planning and Design (BPAD) accredited practitioners see the register: scroll down to WA and sort by location.

If you require further information please contact the administration office 9765 1200.


Events Calendar